Nomination For the Liebster Award 2018
Liebster Award Nomination 2018
I received a lovely surprise this week!!! Me With My Suitcase has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
I’m so thrilled to be the recipients of a Liebster Award nomination from Laura. I only started this blog in Novembre 2017 and certainly never expected to receive recognition for it so soon. I felt honoured and overwhelmed with gratitude to Undercover Travel Agent for nominating my blog. Undercover travel agent covers a wide variety of topics: from Travel Insurence to Travel Advice and Laura is a very positive voice for the blogging community. Thank you Laura, again and again, for thinking so highly of Me With My Suitcase. It really does feel good to be recognized around here.
About the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is an award that exists within the digital world and it is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The award was founded by Jack Henry in 2011. It recognizes new blogs with great contents. It brings attention to blogs who have presented a fresh perspective on travel blogging. What a great industry to be a part of. Liebster is a German word which means beloved or dear in fact it is a great way to support the blogging community. Here are Laura’s nominations, which included me as well.
Rules: The basic requirements to get the Liebster Award after the nomination
- Thank the blogger who nominated your blog and include a link back to their blog in a post.
- Answer 10 questions asked by the nominator.
- Nominate 5 to 11 (why 11? who knows) other blogs with a fresh outlook.
- Ask your nominees questions of your own
- Display the award logo in your post and list the rules associated with the award.
- List the rules in your post
- Once written and published your post, inform the nominees of their nomination
- Provide 10 random facts about your self/Write a 150 to 300-word post about your favourite blog: explain why you like the blog and provide links.
To be honest I found tons of different sets of rules around so I selected the popular one. Couldn’t find the post from Jack Henry! 🙂
Liebster Award Logo
10 Questions from Undercover Travel Agent to Niry
- If you won a trip to Europe, who would you take with you? I would love to take my father, if only he wishes to come! 🙂
- Which of your blog articles is your favourite? And why? Travel diary from Senegal since it has been full of great experiences.
- Who would you choose to be stuck on a plane with for 24 hours? Probably my life partner, the only one who can stand by me while I’m so nervose.
- Who is the most interesting person you’ve ever met while travelling? Marlene, the boss lady from the Millot Plantation in Madagascar
- If you found a magical genie who would only grant you one wish, what would it be? Finding it hard to answer! Give me time, let me think about it seriously! .-)
- If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go? I’ll return to Madagascar. Loved it so much!
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten while travelling? Whale in Iceland! Sounded so Horrible.
- What is your preferred method of travelling? Air, Land or Sea? The first choice goes for air, the second for road. Sea only if necessary.
- If you were on a cruise with the worst beverage variety ever, and they only served one beverage…what would it be? Wine! No doubt! Even though I’ll drink it anyways.
- Where is your favourite place you’ve ever been? And why? Madagascar! I loved the nature! It taught me the self-mastery.
My 7 Nominations for the Liebster Award:
Traveling Holmes By the Holmes Family
No Address For Travelers By Tamara and Luca
Max The Explorer By Max Lam
OiOi Arts By Anna
Inguaribile Viaggiatore By Enzo Ferrari
The Nameless Blog By Alfredo
Run Away With Me By Naomi
10 Questions for Nominees from Me With My Suitcase
- If you won a trip to Senegal, who would you take with you?
- What drove you to start blogging? And what kept you going?
- If you write a book about travel, how would you call it?
- Who is the most interesting person you’ve ever met while travelling?
- If you get a one-way ticket to anywhere, where would you pick?
- Is there any nightmare travel story that you can share?
- Where are you heading next and why?
- What is your preferred social media platform and why?
- What inspired you to decide the name of your blog?
- Where is your favourite place you’ve ever been? And why?
10 random facts about me
- I have been refused once in Rome by the Indian Embassy, they didn’t want to me give a visa because of their mistake.
- I have been bitten by a snake and a monkey in India
- I was born in Jaffna, the northernmost point of Sri Lanka
- When I was a child I studied in Church Park School in Chennai: can’t stop wondering how come I got the admission for such an important school! If they see my blog they will come until here to kill me for all these mistakes in English.
- I have witnessed the effect of the war.
- I was very good at school, a pretty and smart girl!
- I work in a 4-star hotel and this is what drove me here until this stage of blogging within only one year of time. I mean I could improve my languages skills faster
- I’m a good cook
- I’m not good with housekeeping
- I never wash my car!
Undercover Travel Agent
November 17, 2018 at 9:05 pm
November 25, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Yay, thanks for the nomination 🙂 Here's my post that I link you in 🙂 🙂
November 25, 2018 at 5:56 pm
hey I just clicked my link on your post and it goes to max the explorer's page, would you be able to change that please, thanks!
Me With My Suitcase
November 28, 2018 at 8:02 pm
Sorry about that! Changed it!